Safety of our people and stakeholders is part of our core DNA. It is key to our project development and operations philosophy. We continuously work to adopt best practices, train our people and improve processes with ever-changing business environment.
We have also rolled out several environment and community related initiatives during the year. For example, we are implementing waterless cleaning solutions, to reduce usage of water in our operations and implementing rainwater harvesting for a more sustainable environment. Our dedicated teams continue to engage with communities around our operations. We impart trainings for skill improvement and create local employment opportunities within our operations. We work with local groups to improve health, education and nutrition of people around our sites
- Environment and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) conducted prior to project implementation
- ISO 14001 (Environment Management System) and ISO 45001 (Safety Management System) being implemented at all sites
- EHS training conduced for employees and workers – 16,966 hours
- Social impact considered a major factor in design and development of projects
- Ensured land procurement based on willing buyer-seller arrangement, fairness of pay and negotiation for land price, in good faith
- Human Resources, Grievance Redressal Mechanism (GRM), Anti-Fraud, Anti-Bribery, and Ethics Procedure and Policies as per World Bank Group and International Labour Organisation
- Won silver safety award 2018 for best practices in occupational health and safety management from M/S Greentech
- Regular Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) inspections and audits (internal and external)
- Environment Social Management System (ESMS) developed and implemented (View)
- Built long term mutually beneficial relationship with local stakeholders by organising structured meeting at regular interval.